Skip to content
What’s Going On In Country Music!
This week in country music news, Zac Brown Band honored a Veteran and we saw all the backstage details, Kelsea Ballerini posts a tribute to the late Olivia Newton-John, Dollywood expects new rollercoaster in 2023, Amy Grant discloses about her biking accident, and Luke Bryan says his wife is a liar!
- Kelsea Ballerini posted a sweet tribute to Olivia Newton-John yesterday. She shared a clip of herself singing one of Olivia’s biggest hits, “Hopelessly Devoted to You”.
- Dollywood is getting a new rollercoaster! But, you’ll have to wait until next year to ride it. It’s called Big Bear Mountain, it’ll have 3,990 feet of track, and it’ll be their “largest family adventure yet.” They posted a “first look” animation of the ride on Twitter.
- Amy Grant’s reps told “Billboard” that her bike accident last month left her unconscious for “about 10 minutes”. She’s still recovering but is getting stronger and more alert every day, and will be back performing soon.
- Don’t believe everything you read, even if it’s Luke Bryan’s wife Caroline. She shared a pic of the family at Cedar Point amusement park, and wrote, “Another adventure. Luke broke a finger and I twisted an ankle. Pretty much a normal day.” Well, Luke posted a follow-up video saying he did NOT break a finger.
- Zac Brown Band honored a military veteran named Andy at a recent show. They brought him on stage as they performed “Chicken Fried” . . . and just like in the lyrics, he “saluted the ones who died.” Andy’s daughter recorded it and it’s pretty cool to see him dress up in his uniform and make his way to the stage. (Andy joins Zac and the band at 0:37 in the video)