Skip to content
What’s Going On In Country Music!
This week in country music news, after CMA Fest Luke Bryan bought the bar a round, Luke Combs’ wife Nicole due to give birth any minute, Cole Swindell says he is doing an additional Down to the Bar Tour, and Jon Pardi and Kane Brown will be hosting “July 4th Salute to the Troops”.
- SARA EVANS’ estranged husband Jay Barker has avoided jail time from his arrest earlier this year when he tried to ram his car into a car that she was riding in. He agreed to a “best interest plea” which means he did not admit guilt, but agreed that the state had enough evidence to prove its case. He was put on a year of probation. He also has to forfeit all weapons . . . complete a 26-week batterers intervention program . . . and stay out of trouble.
- Jon Pardi and Kane Brown will be hosting CMT’s “July 4th Salute to the Troops”. The show will air a couple days earlier, on July 2nd.
- Luke Combs‘ wife Nicole is due to give birth any minute now. He told the crowd at CMA Fest on Saturday that they were watching “his last show as a non-dad”.
- Cole Swindell is doing another Down to the Bar Tour. “Back Down to the Bar Tour” will pick up September 23rd in Helotes, Texas . . . and wrap November 19th in Pompano Beach, Florida. Ashley Cooke and Dylan Marlowe will open the shows. Cole posted the details on Twitter.
- After performing at CMA Fest on Saturday Luke Bryan headed over to his 32 Bridge Bar where he bought a round for the house. He told the crowd, “Just to let you know, I’m buying everybody in here a Two Lane tonight. All beers are on me.” He also jumped into the DJ booth, and sang with the house band.